Travel Itinerary 101 : Baler

Aug 3, 2016 | #ELfoodspotting, EAT!, LOVE!, PRAY!, TRAVEL!

After I gave birth last year, this is our first trip without our baby (toddler now). Parenting is a tough job, and it was a good idea to have some couple time again even just for three days.  And so I created a super chillax itinerary for first time travelers going to Baler.

This is our Baler itinerary :

DAY1
6:00 AM ETD Manila
12:00 PM ETA Baler
Check-in at Bay’s Inn (P1,600.00 per night with breakfast buffet)
Lunch at Yellow Fin Bar and Grill
Nap time
4:00 PM Surfing lesson (P300.00/hr with surfboard)
6:00 PM Dinner at Yolly’s Ihaw-Ihaw & Seafood Restaurant
9:00 PM cold beer on a BEERnes night! Hungry Surfer at Bay’s Inn
DAY2
7:00 AM Buffet Breakfast! Hungry Surfer at Bay’s Inn
8:00 AM Baler Day Tour  (Tricycle tour : P800.00)
Balete Park (Entrance fee : P10.00)
Ditumabo Falls also known as Mother falls (Entrance fee : P30.00)
Aniao Islets (Entrance Fee : P20.00 and Parking : P20.00)
Diguisit falls
Ermita Hill
1:00 PM Lunch at Blue Point Restaurant
Hanging Bridge (Parking : P10.00)
Town (Old Municipal Hall, Baler Church)
Nap Time
5:00 PM Surfing (P200.00 surfingboard only)
6:00 PM Dinner at Baler Surfer Grill
8:00 PM In-house Massage service in our room (P350.00)
DAY3
7:00 AM Buffet Breakfast! Hungry Surfer at Bay’s Inn
Morning walk at the Sabang Beach shore
9:00 AM Bought Dulce de leche & Brazo de Mercedes pasalubong at Dialyn’s Bakeshop
10:00 AM Museo de Baler and Aurora House (Entrance Fee : P10.00)
Buy more pasalubong in Baler Pasalubong Center
11:00AM Early Lunch at Kusina Luntian
12:00 PM Check-out at Bay’s Inn

Travel Notes :

•  Museo de Baler & Aurora House, Old Municipal Hall and Baler Church are within the town. You can easily dropped by before leaving Baler. On our itinerary, we just went to Museo de Baler and Aurora House on the next day due to no electricity within the city.
  •  Local Surf Instructors offers low prices near the shoreline.
    • Look for Jeff – 09462924674; he is a local surfer and his team is offering town tour as well. I highly recommend Che Che, he is a witty & funny surfer  / town tour guide.
  • If you are a budget-traveler, rolling stores are located in Baler town. The price ranges are a lot cheaper.
  • Baler wooden souvenirs are cheaper on the road off to Baler.
  • There are a lot of tourists during weekends and holidays.

Baler Foodspotting : Up next!

For our Baler adventure, you can check our Baler hashtag in Instagram : #ELbaler2016 and our family adventure hashtag : #EnerosOnTheRoad

26 Comments

1. Michelle Solee (@michisolee)

Baler is not on my bucket list because I don’t know how to surf but I enjoy seeing photos of Baler especially the historical spots.

• mrsEnerodiaries

True mommy, there are a lot of beautiful places to go and explore aside from surfing 🙂

2. Maan Laxa

We haven’t decided yet where to go next summer but your Baler itinerary sounds awesome! Might as well add this to our list of possible destinations. Thanks!

3. momi berlin

Would want to learn surfing and a friend recommended Baler’s waves. Would surely book here. my boys love the water so much while the momi loves the sun and the sand.

4. Mamanee San Luis

Oh my! I need some couple time. 🙁 This is a great idea. I have never tried going to Baler yet at ang mura na rin ng accommodation ha.

• mrsEnerodiaries

Super nakakamiss si baby mommy, nagdala pa ako ng isang unan niya for our travel. Hehe! And yes, we also need some couple time once in a while 🙂

5. Anna “Mommy Anna” Plaida

Hubby really wants to go in Baler, kaya lang we feel guilty leaving our little kulit at home. Your itinerary is well planned

• mrsEnerodiaries

nakakaguilty talaga mommy, but at the end, we realized that it was a good idea 🙂 And I constantly checked my little one on our ihomeapp and facetime as well 🙂

6. rollcoastermom

I’ve always dreamed of going to Baler! I hope we can finally go next summer. Will go back to this post for sure when it’s time for us to start planning for the trip. 🙂

7. Qarah Moments

I haven’t been to Baler but we had plans in the past. Since we are in tight budget, we have no out-of-town plans yet. If there’s an opportunity, i would love to go and visit Baler.

8. Ma.Me.Mi.Mommy

I’m not a water sports kind of person as I’m actually scared of the water haha. I suppose I’d go to Baler only to take scenic photos. 😀

9. momsterteacher

Love the last photo! Questions though: would it have been really hassle if you brought your kiddo? And was it a road trip?

• mrsEnerodiaries

It was a roadtrip mommy. 5-6 hours going to Baler, I suggest to bring your kids like 4-5 years old na. (And bring more foods and toys) hehe…

10. mhaan.a-ds

Baler is always on my list to visit. I heard so much good things about surfing there. I hope we can finally visit there next summer.

11. Jackie

This is great! Not too much explanation, just straight to the point on the info of the hotel and places to go. Awesome post!

• mrsEnerodiaries

Thank you mommy, my blog is more on a photo blog. I’m not into long stories type – writer. Although, will dig into details on a separate post for readers to see that to expect to Baler 🙂

12. Kathleen

We always travel as a family- and we’ve never been to a beach trip. Is Baler child-friendly?:)

• mrsEnerodiaries

Hi mommy, yes! On our Baler trip, (to my surprise) I saw many kids enjoying Baler. The beach and other parents together with their kids were trekking to the mother falls as well. Although it was a long roadtrip 🙂 Will post details on a separate blog post 🙂

13. TweenselMom

That was a very nice experience with your husband. Do it as often as you can kasi it strengthens the bond talaga of couples. When my kids are still babies, we usually sneak out to jog, go to church together or basta makaalis lang. Ngayon we can do that more often na din and my husband and I have been closer than ever.

• mrsEnerodiaries

True mommy, kailangan parin talaga ng couple time. Kilig moments din pag may time. hehe!

14. queenofthebangs

Nice. Never been to Baler since I’m not fond of surfing but heard good things about this place.

15. Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen

Thanks for sharing your itinerary! We’re thinking of going to Baler next year. I’ll show this to my hubby.

16. Our Eat Dates

Cool! Will likely use this when I get the chance 🙂

17. Ayi

I have a lot of friends who go to Baler for surfing. Never really tried it since feel ko I can’t stand on the surf board :)) Thanks for sharing your itinerary !

18. Badet Siazon (@badudets)

I went to Baler when I just learned that I’m pregnant. Kaya I just slept the whole time I was there and ate at Gerry Shan? restaurant.

Submit a Comment