Our family loves potatoes! You might have already come across some of the potato recipes I shared here in my blog, like the hash brown breakfast cups and potato casserole.
I’ve been using U.S. potatoes in so many dishes for quite some time now. I’ve tried the different forms like fresh, frozen, and dehydrated. All of them are equally versatile and nutritious. The potato-bilities are endless, indeed!
Any dish I make with potatoes is always a hit with the fam. Last weekend, I came across this potato salad recipe by Molly Baz. I tried to make this one, and it turned out so good!
Sharing the recipe below, but I have adjusted the measurements according to my taste and also omitted the mustard because my kids don’t like it. Also this time, I used fresh potatoes and potato chips. Double the potato, double the flavor!
You will need the following:
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove (grated)
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 small red onion
- ½ cup sour cream and onion potato chips
1. Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with 3 qt. water, then add 1 cup kosher salt, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once water comes to a boil, reduce heat, adjusting as needed to maintain a simmer, and cook potatoes until fork-tender, 15-20 minutes.
2. While waiting, make your dressing. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, onion powder, black pepper and grated garlic clove in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the half of the thinly sliced chives, set aside the remaining chives for serving. Also, add the sliced small red onion.
3. Toss potatoes with dressing. Don’t worry if the dressing looks a little loose and watery at the beginning—it will all get absorbed and be nice and creamy. Taste and add more salt or, if your dressing looks too thick, a splash of potato cooking liquid or water.
4. Top potatoes with reserved chives. Crumble onion potato chips over for a bread crumb effect.
That’s it! It is super easy to prepare and I’m telling you, this is one of the best potato salads that I’ve ever tasted. Yummm…
You can easily buy U.S. potatoes in the market. To know more about U.S. potatoes and discover more recipes, visit Potato Goodness or follow Potatoes USA-Philippines on Facebook and Instagram.
Mrs.Enero – Angel Enero is a former IT System Administrator and now a full-time SAHM to her #littleEneros. She’s a domesticated / hands-on mom who loves baking and gardening.
MRSENERODIARIES blog is a online diary of Angel Enero. Formerly a travel blogger and now a lifestyle mommy blogger. Blogging about EAT. PRAY. LOVE. TRAVEL.
Wow matry nga rin ito. Thank you for sharing your recipe momsh ☺️
Thanks for sharing some tips on making this yummy and delicious potato recipe. Surely my kids would love this . Gonna try this Mie
madami talaga ang magagawa natin sa potatoes na mga recipe. medyo lawakan at tingin tingin tayo ng mga menu like dito para ma try at maihanda natin s aating pamilya.
so yummy and healthy potato recipe..andaming pweding magawa recipe using potatoes,super easy pa..must try this..siguradong magugustuhan ng buong pamilya
Super easy ng steps sigurado na madali lang gawin ito at masarap pa.
sarap naman nyan momsh madali lang din gawin we love potatoes too masarap at healthy daming recipe to create
Looks so yummy love to try that too ..
Yummy and healthy sour cream & onion potato salad
Yaaay!! surely kids will love this because my kids loves potatoes so easy to preapared Thanks for this yummy recipe will try it po! ❤️
nagutom naman ako dito! Grabe! Parang mag grocery ako mamaya para lang dito LOL
Oh my this looks really good! Can’t wait to try this awesome salad recipe!
I would dove to try this recipe and Sour Cream and Onion is my favorite flavor of potato chip 😉 This looks really good! Pinning it next so thank you for sharing 😉
Ang Sarap at ang dali naman ng Recipe na ito Ma using Potato Usa Phl.
Wooow! another yummy potato recipe for ate Ali and Alonso
will try this one mommy