“ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕟 𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕠𝕣 𝕕𝕦𝕥𝕪. 𝕀𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕓𝕖 𝕠𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝕘𝕚𝕗𝕥.” — 𝕂𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝔻𝕚ℂ𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕠
In celebration of 38th National Children’s Book Day, I will be sharing some of my kid’s favorite Filipino books that I bought last year on Adarna House Warehouse Sale that I’ve got for only 1260php. It’s been years since I have blogged about our #EnerosLittleLibrary, this is the hashtag that I’ve been using for our little library (you can check it out on Instagram, I have featured some of our favorite books).
Here are the Adarna House books that I’ve purchased last year :
- Si Langgam at si Tipaklong (Big Book). This is a classic Tagalog tale by Virgilio S. Almario. This is one of Luffy’s favorite. I have read this to him for the nth time.
- Hating Kapatid (Soft cover). Of all my Adarna House books that I purchased last year, this is my favorite. It is a story about sharing and what “hating-kapatid” means. I love to read it to the #littleEneros because I want them to learn equality. Plus Filipino delicacies were also included in this book. Nakakatakam!
- Si Pagong at si Matsing (Soft cover). One of the best Tagalog classic tales. Sino bang hindi nakakakilala sa kanila? I love this story! This is also one of Luffy’s favorite books.
- Alamat ng Ampalaya (Soft cover). My kids love this because the bahay kubo vegetables are present in the story. This is an original story of the legend of the ampalaya or bitter gourd, which teaches us not to be greedy and envious.
- Masaya Magtanim (Board book). The illustrations and colors of the book make the kids excited to read. I love how growing plant beautifully illustrated By Gelai Manabat. This is Eliana’s favorite because she’s my little gardener.
- Ibong Adarna (Board book). This is one of the best-known Filipino folk stories. Ibong Adarna is a book full of adventure. It is a story about the Ibond Adarna and the three kings.
- Tong, Tong Tong, Pakitong-Kitong and Bahay-Kubo (Board books). These are books featuring known Tagalog songs. These are best for toddler and preschooler, wherein kids can enjoy singing! I can’t wait to collect all of Adarna House song book series, they also have new books like Leron, Leron Sinta, Magtanim ay Di Biro and others. I can’t wait for the next warehouse sale. Yayyy!
- Masaya Pala! (Board book). This was gifted by My Little Smarts. Perfect gift for incoming nursery kids. It is a story about child’s separation anxiety over his first day of school. I know every mom can relate to this, I can still remember Eliana’s first day of school.
- Tingnan Mo, Oh! (Board book). This is a large board book perfect for toddlers, it has die-cuts where toddlers can enjoy the different parts of the body and uses too.
- Magkulay Tayo ng Kuwento! Gift Bundle.This is for Eliana. These coloring bookswere inspired by various stories from Adarna House.
- Super Coloring Book Gift Bundle. Bought this for Luffy (but obviously, ate niya nagkulay dito… nyahahha). These coloring bundles are perfect for toddlers, the left page has colored prints wherein toddlers can use as coloring reference.
That’s it! We will definitely wait for the next warehouse book sale! We really love Adarna House, I love their book illustrations and stories, I highly recommend it. By the way, this is not a sponsored post, I just love sharing our book haul. And oh, I also vlogged my Adarna House Book Haul last year.
How to raise a reader/s? Here are some tips that I have read and indeed works on my little ones, blogged way back 2016.
Mrs.Enero – Angel Enero is a former IT System Administrator and now a full-time SAHM to her #littleEneros. She’s a domesticated / hands-on mom who loves baking and gardening.
MRSENERODIARIES blog is a online diary of Angel Enero. Formerly a travel blogger and now a lifestyle mommy blogger. Blogging about EAT. PRAY. LOVE. TRAVEL.