I love to bake, and I am happy that my 5-year-old daughter is also into baking. Last weekend, I had the most enjoyable time showing her how to make Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies.
I love fresh blueberries, but this is my first time to bake using frozen blueberries. They are absolutely delicious and versatile! Whether you’re cooking, snacking, or pursuing healthy habits, blueberries bring back the pleasure and ease that help us to eat well and enjoy our food.
It is no secret that blueberries are packed with nutritious benefits. Considered a super food by many, what’s not to love about blueberries?
Blueberries have 4 essentials nutrients :
- Blueberries contain vitamin C. In just one serving, you can get almost 16% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C.1 Vitamin C is necessary for growth and development of tissues and promotes wound healing.
- Blueberries are a good source of dietary fiber. A handful of blueberries can help you meet your daily fiber requirement. Dietary fiber may reduce the risk of heart disease and adds bulk to your diet, which may help you feel full faster.
- Blueberries are high in manganese. Manganese helps the body process cholesterol and nutrients such as carbohydrates and protein.
- Blueberries contains vitamin K. Our body needs vitamin K to produce prothrombin, a protein and clotting factor that is important in blood clotting and bone metabolism.
Frozen blueberries from the U.S. are available year-round. They’re frozen straight from the farm, with all the good stuff locked in – nutrients, freshness, and flavor. They are now a staple in our freezer!
Good news is that frozen blueberries from the U.S. are available in supermarkets nationwide. Just look for the following brands: Farmers Best, Essential Everyday, and Sunny Select. Online delis and food stores offer them, too.
So here’s my easy-peasy Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe. It’s really good!
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Farmers Best Highbush Frozen Blueberries, still frozen, do not thaw
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy – for about 4 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla and mix until it is thoroughly combined – for about another 4 minutes.
- Add in the oat mixture and beat until just combined – for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Scoop cookie dough onto the baking sheets in batches at least two inches apart.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the tops of the cookies are slightly puffed. They may look slightly under-baked, and that is okay.
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for about a minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
It’s GIVEAWAY TIME! Together with US Berries Philippines, we will be giving away 3 packs of frozen U.S. blueberries to 3 winners! Yayyy!
Here’s how to join :
- Follow MrsEneroDiaries and U.S. Blueberries-Philippines on Facebook.
- Follow MrsEneroDiaries and U.S. Blueberries-Philippines on Instagram.
- Share your frozen blueberry dish and recipe using U.S. frozen blueberries on Facebook and Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me and the US Blueberries accounts and use hashtags : #USBlueberries #MommyBloggersPH
- Tag 3 friends to join.
Good luck baking/cooking mommas!
Mrs.Enero – Angel Enero is a former IT System Administrator and now a full-time SAHM to her #littleEneros. She’s a domesticated / hands-on mom who loves baking and gardening.
MRSENERODIARIES blog is a online diary of Angel Enero. Formerly a travel blogger and now a lifestyle mommy blogger. Blogging about EAT. PRAY. LOVE. TRAVEL.
Gusto ko rin po magbake kaso wala naman po kameng oven. Kaya hanggang tingin na lang po ako sa mga nagbe bake. At ang sarap nama n po nitong binake niyo na blueberries oatmeal cookies. Mahilig po ako sa mga cookies at mukhang napaka yummy po nito.
Blueberries has a lot of health benefits a life saver for
my constipation. I ate dried blueberries and plums. It have a great amount of fiber, which helps move nutrients through and waste out of our bodies. “By promoting better digestive health, Wild Blueberries, in turn contribute to a healthier immune system.” ❤️
I would love to taste that blueberry cookies it is perfect for holiday occasions it is very healthy.❤️
Wow ang sarap naman nitong binahagi mo saming recipe pa super healthy pa good para sating family tong iseserve mo ma❤️❤️❤️