Packing a lunch or snack will never be that boring. Hello Bento!
A bento box is a box-shaped container specifically made to hold takeout meals. Bento has tools that can make lunches fun and creative. It’s one whole lunch or snack in one container with no trash.
I’ve been seeing cute bento box creations before but just this year, (maybe because I am now a mother) it caught my attention. When I was pregnant with my little one, my husband always prepared my fruit box. And now I realized that making bento would be so fun, not just my little one but for my office snack box as well. And of course my main goal is to perfect making bento for my little one’s future school lunch and snack box.
Reasons why I love bento :
- Bento looks so cute and tasty.
- I love DIYs and it brings out your creativity
- Easy to prepare. It doesn’t requires an hour to make one.
- Inexpensive. Homemade is HAPPINESS! Since bento includes little bites of a variety of foods, you can always check on your fridge or kitchen for last night’s dinner leftovers.
- Healthy and nutritionally balanced.
- It’s environment friendly. Let’s GO GREEN! No need to throw up plastic bags.
Let’s get started and familiarized with the bento tools :
- Bento box. There are different kinds of bento box. The character bento boxes are so cute and I personally would love to purchase one. What I’m using is the Zone Denmark lunchbox that we’ve bought in Rustan’s (which also served as our mess kit whenever we had a climb. Yes! I am a mountaineer too.. hehe!).
- Rice molds. Useful for lunch bento box. Will add character to your bento box.
- Food Cutter. The cutters are another simple tools to cute-ify your boxes lunches. They can be use to cut bread, fruits, veggies, cheese and deli meats.
- Silicone cups. Silicon cups allow you to keep the foods divided within the bento box. These colorful cups will keep your bento looking organize.They are bendy too, so food can easily fit according to its shapes and sizes.
- Food Picks. Small pieces of fruits and veggies are can me stick to food picks. They makes the bento looks cuter. These food picks are eco-friendly and adorable. It is available in various shapes, sizes and colors that can add character to your bento.
- Barans or the food divider. The most common use of food dividers is to separate foods from each other and can add a piece of baran to a lunch box for decoration.
- Sauce Container. These reusable and leak-proof plastic cups or bottles are perfect for holding single portions of sauces.
I would like to thank mommy Judith, the owner of Bento Baby Ph for my first bento starter kit, which includes : rice molds, silicone cups, ham/cheese cutters, food picks, barans and sauce container.
Bento Baby Ph is selling bento materials. If you are just a bento beginner like me, you can ask for a bento starter kit and her shop has a variety of affordable bento tools to choose from.
This is my first breakfast bento box. I named it Bento #1 “The Sleeping Bunny”. Meal includes : Fried Rice, Omelette and Sausage. Cooked and homemade with love for my husband. It wasn’t hard at all. I enjoyed preparing my bento. It only requires bento tools, home-made food and creativity. I am excited to use food coloring and nori for my next bento box. Yay! This is so much fun…
This is my first bento experience.I really had fun! I’m looking forward to learning more about bento-making and will be adding more bento tools to enhance my creativity. I’m still a beginner and hopefully, I can create more beautiful and cute ones. Follow my bento experience using my bento hashtag #mrsEneroinBENTOs
Hello, I am Mrs. Enero! I am a happy wife & mom of Eliana and Enver. Follow our family adventures, here on my online diary : EAT! PRAY! LOVE! TRAVEL! #mrsEnerodiaries and #EnerosOnTheRoad