Stress is a natural part of our everyday life. Stress can cause physical, emotional and behavioral disorders which can affect our vitality, health and peace-of-mind. Common causes of stress are job pressure, relationships, money, health, sleep deprivation and even media overload. Too much stress can cause minor illnesses like insomnia, backaches or headaches, and can contribute to life-threatening diseases like high blood pressure and heart disease.
Here’s what I do to handle my own stress :
- Take a break from your worries by doing something you enjoy. I schedule my time to indulge on my interest – gardening and baking. I repotted my green babies and propagating my succulents and cactus. I also baked chocolate chip cookies or unlocked new baking recipes.
- You are not alone. A conversation with my husband or friends helps. Stay in touch with friends and family, they can provide the love, support and guidance to make you feel that everything will be eventually okay.
- Learn to say NO. Eliminate activities that are not necessary. You are not superwoman or superman, sometimes you need to rest and learn to compromise.
- Comfort Food. Stress is desserts spelled backwards. Whenever I feel stress, desserts are my best friend. However, remember not to take too much of it. Have a healthy lifestyle.
Let us “Embrance stress as a lifelong dance, rather than seeking continually to escape from it”.
Healthy Options Talks: The Stress Remedy
Sometimes, you may feel like there’s nothing you can do about stress. The problems won’t stop coming, days seem to get longer, and your work and family responsibilities can be demanding. The good news is: you have the key to manage stress and have more control over it.
Your body is beautifully designed to deal with the normal stresses of daily life. But your body’s natural “stress response” can get out of balance and seriously impact your well-being. Living with high levels of stress can put you down, and this affects your emotional, physical, and mental health. It puts relationships at risk and can make work less productive.
To maintain optimal health, we need to support our body’s process of restoring itself. Stress management is all about taking charge: of your lifestyle, thoughts, emotions, and the way you deal with problems. No matter how stressful your life seems, there are steps you can take to relieve the pressure and regain control:
1. Analyze your stress. Identify how your body has been affected by stress.
2. Master your synergy. Learn how your body creates either “vicious cycles” or “virtuous cycles” to either intensify or alleviate the effects of stress.
3. Customize your health. Individualize your approach to the particular stresses you
Learn effective ways to master your body’s synergy and optimize your health with Dr.Doni Wilson, naturopathic doctor and best-selling author of “The Stress Remedy”. In this insightful talk, Dr. Doni will help you achieve true mastery of your body and your health to reduce the effects of stress, lose weight and reclaim energy, mood, sleep and focus.
About Dr. Doni Wilson
Dr. Donielle (Doni) Wilson, is a recognized expert on stress-related illness. She specializes in helping patients address and overcome autoimmune diseases, genetic mutations, hormone imbalances, sleep and mood related issues, leaky gut, food sensitivities, digestive troubles, allegies, infections, women’s health, fertility and cervical dysplasia. She helps with the prevention of chronic health conditions overall.
Dr. Doni holds a doctorate in naturopathic medicine from BASTYR UNIVERSITY and is a certified professional midwife (CPM) and a certified nutrition specialist (CNS). Since 2000, she has helped thousands of women, men, and children to find solutions to their most puzzling health issues.
She uses the latest advances in naturopathic medicine, lab testing, and gentle investigative techniques to uncover the root cause of illness and craft individual programs that guide the body back to health. She does this with the approach she developed based on her research on how stress affects our health.
Healthy Options Talk 2018: The Stress Remedy
Don’t miss the chance to attend this exclusive event on February 22, 2018! The venue will be at EDSA Shangri-la Hotel, and the event will start at 6pm. Tickets are limited and will be available for sale in all Healthy Options stores starting January 25, 2018.
- P1,000 for Gold members
- P1,500 for Green members
- P2,000 for non-members and the general public
To book your slot now, purchase your ticket online at https://www.healthyoptions.com.ph/events/. You may also visit any Healthy Options store or contact us at +639178098479. This event is in media partnership with wheninmanila.com and philstar.com.
Mrs.Enero – Angel Enero is a former IT System Administrator and now a full-time SAHM to her #littleEneros. She’s a domesticated / hands-on mom who loves baking and gardening.
MRSENERODIARIES blog is an online diary of Angel Enero. Formerly a travel blogger and now a lifestyle mommy blogger. Blogging about EAT. PRAY. LOVE. TRAVEL.